January • February • March • April • May • June
July • August • September • October • November • December
To submit an event being held in northeastern Michigan that is open to the public, please e-mail the information to: email@example.com; mail to Editor c/o Alcona County Review, P.O. Box 548 Harrisville, MI 48740 or Fax to (989) 724-6655. Please submit the information at least two weeks prior to the event and include a telephone number for additional info if needed by editor.
- DECEMBER -
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7
- The Alcona County Baby Pantry will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at St. Raphael Church, 2531 East F-30 in Mikado. Formula, diapers, toys, new and gently used shoes and clothing, winter coats and boots will be available for residents of Alcona County with newborns to age five. Layettes available for the soon to be born. Santa will be there with treats from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the annual Christmas event and Oscoda Rotary Club will be giving aways books.
- Northeast Michigan UAW Retired Workers Alpena Council will meet at 11 a.m. at the VFW Hall, 2900 Connon in Alpena. Bring a can of food for the needy. For reservations, call (989) 356-4959 or (989) 727-4080.
- A timber and taxes workshop will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Harrisville branch of the Alcona County Library, 312 West Main Street. This presentation will include information on how to handle income from timber harbes, tax laws, record keeping and state incentive programs. Free and open to the public. Call (989) 724-5272 for details. Sponsored by the Alcona Conservation District.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9
- A community Christmas celebration will be held at the Harrisville United Methodist Church, 217 North State Street (US-23). Musical entertainment featuring local talent and the church choir. A potluck dinner will held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. followed by the Christmas program at 6:45 p.m.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10
- Recycle Alcona County will hold drop off day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lincoln ARA site. Enter and exit through the north gate. For more information, call (989) 724-5077 or (989) 724-6546.
- The Michigan State Police will host the 4th annual Stuff a Blue Goose to gather toys and non-perishable food items for those in need this holiday season from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Troopers will have a patrol car situated at Wal-Mart and Neiman's Family Market in Alpena. All of the toys gathered will be turned over to the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 583 for distribution to families in Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency and Presque Isle counties. Food items collected will be given to the Salvation Army in Alpena. For more information, call the Alpena Post at (989) 354-4101.
- A family holiday movie night will be held at 6 p.m. at Solid Rock Church of God, 160 North Barlow Road, Harrisville. Call (989) 736-6350 for more information.
- A soup luncheon and bake sale will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 12365 US-23 in Ossineke. Call (989) 471-5428 for details.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11
- The Compassionate Friends of Oscoda Area will take part in the 20th Worldwide Candle Lighting at Sacred Heart Church Family Center in Oscoda beginning at 6:45 p.m. The worldwide candle lighting unites family and friends around the globe in lighting candles for one hour to honor the memories of sons, daughters, brothers, sisters and grandchildren who died at any age and who left too soon. The local chapter program includes reading of names, music, and the lighting of candles (which are provided). Refreshments to follow program. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracey at (989) 254-5888.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13
- The AuSable Valley Audubon will meet at 1 p.m. at the East Tawas Community Center, 760 Newman Street. The public is invited to attend. Experienced local birders Larry VanWagoner and Susan Duncan will be the guest speakers. Learn about the 117th Audubon Christmas Bird Count and how you can participatee. Visit www.ausablevalleyaudubon.org for details.
- Alpena Community College's Huron Shores Campus will host their Fall 2016 Art Show from 6 to 8 p.m. at 5800 Skeel Avenue in Oscoda. This annual event gives students an opportunity to showcase their hard work and celebrate with friends and family. The event is free and open to the public, refreshments will be served.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14
- The Besser Male Chorus Annual Holiday Concert at 7 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, 167 South Ripley Boulevard in Alpena. Free will donations appreciated.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16
- A Living Nativity Christmas Program will be held at 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. at Tripoint Church of God, 500 Brooke Street in Alpena. Free outdoor show with live animals. Caroling, cookies,coffee and cocoa will be served inside.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17
- A Living Nativity Christmas Program will be held at 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. at Tripoint Church of God, 500 Brooke Street in Alpena. Free outdoor show with live animals. Caroling, cookies, coffee and cocoa will be served inside.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21
- A blood drive will be held from noon to 5:45 p.m. at the Lincoln Senior Center, 207 Church Street. Bring your Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive identification. For more information, call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 27
- A blood drive will be held from noon to 5:45 p.m. at the Ossineke United Methodist Church,13095 US-23 South. Bring your Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive identification. For more information, call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 29
- A blood drive will be held from 9 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. at St. Anne Catholic Church, 817 Sable Street in Alpena. Bring your Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive identification. For more information, call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org.
- JANUARY -
- FEBRUARY -
Cheryl L. Peterson, Publisher & Editor :
John D. Boufford, Production Manager :
Eileen Roe, Circulation Director :