January • February • March • April • May • June
July • August • September • October • November • December
To submit an event being held in northeastern Michigan that is open to the public, please e-mail the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to Editor c/o Alcona County Review, P.O. Box 548 Harrisville, MI 48740 or Fax to (989) 724-6655. Please submit the information at least two weeks prior to the event and include a telephone number for additional info if needed by editor.
- NOVEMBER -
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28
- The First Presbyterian Church of Alpena located at 1600 West Chisholm Street will hold their annual holiday bazaar and luncheon starting at 10 a.m. Ticket prices fro the luncheon are $8 fr adults and $5 for children age 12 and under. The bazaar will feature Christmas home decor and linens, gift baskets and much more.
- DECEMBER -
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4
- Village of Lincoln Festival of Lights, an evening of family fun will be held at the Lincoln Fire Hall and Lincoln Depot starting at 5:30 p.m. Festivities include a bonfire at the depot, music, hot dogs, coffee and hot chocolate, hayrides around town and a visit from Santa Claus. Contact Nick Williams at (989) 727-4080 for details.
- A Toys for Tots benefit featuring "Shades of a King" Elvis tribute artist Elzie Dixon, will be held at the Barton City Eagles, 671 Sanborn Road. Dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. followed by the show at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. The public is welcome. For more information, call (989) 736-3050.
- Huron Shores Chorus will present "Wassail", the joy and beauty of Christmas in song at 7 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 120 West Dwight Avenue in Oscoda. Free admission. Donations are welcome. For more information, call (989) 739-8591.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5
- Harrisville's Christmas in the Village from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Contact Judi Labadie at (989) 724-3400 for details.
- Frosty's Festival of Gifts Christmas Bazaar will be held at New Life Lutheran Church, 25 Kirche In The Woods (north of M-72 off Hubbard Lake Road) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be holiday baked goods, handcrafted, wooden and pantry items, fresh green floral arrangements and much more available for purchase. A luncheon will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. which includes lasagna, roll, salad, beverage and homemade pie. For more information, call (989) 736-7816.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6
- Celebrate the holidays with the Sunrise Ringers Hand Bell Choir at 3 p.m. at the United Methodist Church in Harrisville. Contact Margaret Fox at (989) 736-3025 for more information.
- Huron Shores Chorus will present "Wassail", the joy and beauty of Christmas in song at 3 p.m. at the Tawas Area Presbyterian Church, 2095 US-23 in East Tawas. Free admission. Donations are welcome. For more information, call (989) 362-2371.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11
- A fish fry will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at Maria Hall behind St. Anne Catholic Church in Harrisville. Take-out available.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12
- Recycle Alcona County will hold drop off day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lincoln ARA site. Enter and exit through the north gate. For more information, call (989) 724-5077 or (989) 724-6546.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 13
- Christmastime with Crime Stoppers Country Music Show will feature Hall of Fame songwriter and singer Dickey Lee at Alpena High School at 2:30 p.m.. Tickets are $18 in advance and $23 at the door or purchase the special family ticket for $45. For tickets and information, call (800) 205-7174. Sponsored by Northeast Michigan Crime Stoppers. All proceeds help support this anonymous tip program.
- JANUARY -
- FEBRUARY -
- MARCH -
- APRIL -
- MAY -
- JUNE -
- JULY -
- AUGUST -
- SEPTEMBER -
- OCTOBER -
Cheryl L. Peterson, Publisher & Editor :
John D. Boufford, Production Manager :
Eileen Roe, Circulation Director :